The well known 'Rico' Polarmeter Model RSPT-1 & 3 form a sutiable companion instrument for the refractometer, indeed, it should be side in the laboratory Whereas the refractometer gives the total solids present in a sugar solution. The polarimeter discriminates between right-handed sugars, such as sucrose, and left-handed sugars such as levulose, etc.
The Model RSPT-1 'Risco' Polarimeter 220mm is an improved optical system in which the half shadow system is in front, at the circle end of the instrument. The following additional advantages are then available:
1. Permanent focus : that is to say, once the dividing line is focused to suit the eye this focus is never distrubed by inserting tubes of sugar or other solution, regardless of fact that they may completely homogenous, or of the length of the tube.
2. Permanent good definition even with difficult Liquids.
3. The half shadow system rotates with the ciccrle thus affording immediate indication of the direction SPECIFICATION : SCALES : Angular 0.360° subdivided to 1° Micrometer drum enable direct reading to 0.5* and by estimation to 0.2*. Sugar: 30 + 130 IIS Micrometer drum enable s reading to 0.1 sugar degree directly and to 0.5 sugar degree by estimation.
Source : SODIUM LAMP 35 Watts. White light can be used upto 12*
MODEL RSPT-3 "Rico" Palorimeter, 220 M.M., Model : RSPT-3 having the following additional advantages:
1. The optics & Triple field shadow are fabricated from Imported glass and Quartz.
2. The triple shadow system is better to comprise the field illumination at the time of measurement (reading).
3. The International Sugar Scale range is higher i.e. -130 to + 130.
4. Vernier Micrometer graduation is more to take the reading in more accuracy.
with sod lamp, 220mm & choke - RSPT-1
with sod lamp, 220mm & choke - RSPT-3
Sodium Lamp Assembly